RGI, LLC is seeking a Stop Loss Underwriter. Responsibilities for this position include stop loss underwriting for RGI including new business and renewal cases. There may be a possibility to work from home and from various locations (cities, states) in this position.
- Review New and Renewal Business underwriting submissions, develop rates and terms for Medical Stop Loss Accounts based on underwriting rules, guidelines and approved pricing methodologies.
- Adhere to Underwriting Guidelines and Policies and be responsible for making applicable referrals to RGI Management.
- Provide rationale for increases and decreases in costs including trend factors and underlying influence of account specific utilization patterns using available report data analysis.
- Analyze and effectively present comparative value advantages of submitted bid.
- Calculate expected claims for groups based on thorough analysis of the group’s experience, industry, location, size and demographic nature.
- Knowledge of potential large claimant medical underwriting including diagnosis, prognosis and current medical procedures.
- Negotiate prices with customers and their brokers/agents/consultants where appropriate to retain, grow enrollment and meet profitability goals.
- Effectively balance the profitability and growth of block of business.
- Participate in the development of new products & improvements in pricing risk and rating methodologies.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as plan of benefits, bid specifications, claims reports and procedural manuals.
- Maintain well documented and organized files.
- Ability to travel as needed.
- Minimum 1-5 years of profitable stop loss medical underwriting field experience
- Understands all key components of stop loss medical underwriting manuals & guidelines.
- Bachelor's Degree preferred.
- Possesses exceptional organizational, quantitative reasoning, critical thinking, interpersonal, time management, project management, verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong attention to detail and follow through.
- Proficient computer skills including Microsoft Office required, ESL experience preferred.
- Possesses proven Risk Management skills.
- Possesses thorough understanding of the rate development and PPO network pricing process.
Qualified candidates should submit resume and salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org.
‘Please note no video resumes will be accepted.”
Home Office Product Underwriter
Location: Chicago, New York or Parsippany, NY
In North America, Zurich (www.zurichna.com) is a leading commercial property-casualty insurance provider serving the global corporate, large corporate, middle market, specialties and programs sectors. In addition, Zurich also offers life insurance products and services. 2012 marks Zurich's 100 year anniversary of insuring America and the success of its customers, shareholders and employees. Zurich first brought its knowledge and experience in workers' compensation insurance from Switzerland to America in 1912 to help its customers take intelligent risks and build the America known today. Further information about Zurich's 100 year anniversary of insuring America is available at http://www.zurichna.com/100. In the U.S., risk engineering services are provided by Zurich Services Corporation. Life insurance offered in the United States is issued by Zurich American Life Insurance Company, an Illinois domestic life insurance company with offices in Schaumburg, Illinois and New York City.
We are looking for an experienced Home Office Product Underwriter to support our Accident and Health Line of Business. The physical job location can be in Chicago, IL; Schaumburg, IL; New York City, or Parsippany, NJ. This person will be viewed as a technical expert in Accident and Health with specific technical expertise in the Medical Stop Loss, Managed Care, Accident and Special Risk lines. Our Home Office Product Underwriter will be responsible for:
- Working with Functional Units and Market Facing Underwriting to enable achievement of business plans and goals and objectives in North America
- Developing guidelines and best practices for the Accident and Health line of Business
- Providing training and daily guidance for Market Facing Underwriters
- Contributing to the implementation of Underwriting strategies (e.g., Pricing) and solutions (e.g., product development, underwriting tools and processes, technical standards, controls and practices within Accident and Health
- Bachelors Degree Requird
- 6 or more years of Underwriting experience
- A&H underwriting experience preferred – Medical Stop Loss experience is a plus
- Completion of three or more CPCU or other insurance courses preferred
- Strong knowledge of line/s of business and the legal and regulatory environment
- Demonstrates the ability to handle multiple complex and varied assignments
- Excellent verbal, listening and written communication skills
- Demonstrates the ability to work effectively with all levels of staff within ZNA Product Underwriting and other departments and to build effective relationships with A&H Stakeholders
We provide a world-class, forward thinking team environment. For immediate consideration and a description and qualifications of the position, visit the Career Center at www.zurichna.com and search for New York, Position ID #28642, Schaumburg, Position ID #28733 or Chicago, Position ID #28774.
EEO/AA Employer, in North America, Zurich supports a diverse workforce.
Benefit Administrative Systems, LLC
Stop Loss Marketing Manager (Chicago-IL)
Benefit Administrative Systems, LLC (BAS Health) is one of the top Health Benefits Administrators in the country. We have an immediate opportunity for an experienced Medical Stop Loss Marketing Manager in our Homewood, IL office. This position is responsible for obtaining underwriting of new and renewal business accounts and managing internal and external relationships to ensure overall company marketing goals are met.
Stop Loss Marketing Manager Requirements:
BAS Health offers:
For confidential consideration please submit resumes to: HR@BASHEALTH.com.
INETICO, Inc., a leader in Care Management, PPO Network Administration, and Clearinghouse Services, has revolutionized the medical and dental cost containment industry by fully integrating care and claims processes, enabling payers, employers and reinsurers to gain greater control over their health care costs.
INETICO is growing again! We are seeking highly motivated, industry experienced salespersons to join our Business Development Team. Individuals who are knowledgeable of PPO network administration and care management, two of the signature programs that have allowed INETICO to expand into one of the most innovative and progressive claims and care management companies in the nation, are encouraged to apply. The ideal candidate would have a background in self funded group medical and dental products, with the self-confidence and industry associations to promote and sell these services to TPA’s, employer groups, brokers, carriers, etc. INETICO offers an excellent benefit package, including base salary plus commissions. Position requires travel, but not relocation to Tampa, Florida. Please send resume to Maria King, Human Resources, at HR@Inetico.com.
QBE North America
Law & Forms Regulatory Analyst
Develop and/or review policy forms & endorsements to ensure QBE brand consistency, compliance with state and federal regulations, and to make sure there are no unintended coverages
Policy, Process, and Procedures
Environmental Awareness/Customer Focus
Responsible for the production and underwriting of a profitable portfolio of specific Employer Stop Loss product line within the stipulated underwriting authority and guidelines.
All candidates must apply?through our website - www.swissre.com/careers, reference code?EXT-NB50506477