Grassroots advocacy is an important tactic as part of SIIA's ongoing lobbying efforts. Many policy-makers do not truly understand self-insuring, or even worse, are swayed by the misconceptions of our industry’s opponents. That is why we need to do our part to ensure those making the laws and regulations that affect our industry hear from us early and often.
Participation in this initiative helps to develop relationships with Members of Congress who support the legislative goals of the self-insurance and Alternative Risk Transfer industries and allows policy-makers to see the personal impact of legislation by putting a face to an issue.
Join your colleagues and others in the industry to defend and promote self-insurance –
- Meet with your elected-officials either in their DC or home offices
- Host your elected-officials for an on-sight visit to your company
- Become an official industry resource for the staff of your elected-officials
- Participate in a letter-writing campaign
- Serve as a resource to the local media
SIIA’s Government Relations Staff makes it as easy as possible for you to participate in this important initiative. Staff will schedule all meetings, provide talking points and draft any correspondence you might wish to submit; anything you need to make the experience best fit your interests and needs.